Executive Diploma in Learning and Development
25 Sep 2019
20 Sep 2019
The 21st Century World of Work has experienced immense changes and all organizations are subjected to both external and internal influences. Such influences in turn encourage organizations to restate their strategic objectives, rewrite business plans, reallocate resources and maximize employees' potential.
Employees are the most valuable assets of organizations, as strategic organizational objectives can only be achieved with employees' contribution and execution. Organizations recognize that employees hold the key to achieve competitive advantage and view employees as the biggest weapon in an increasingly demanding marketplace. Learning and Development become ever more essential with multi-roles of assessing appropriate training needs, enhancing required competencies, refining training and development approaches as well as transforming learning results to return on investments.
WHY STUDY THIS COURSE?
This course is designed for business executives or training professionals who are keen on refreshing and consolidating expertise of how to manage the Training and Development Function, upgrading core competencies of being professional trainers and building a learning organization, developing talents and succession planning.
This program includes understanding on strategic roles and latest trends of Training and Development function, transformation of learning results to return on investments, grasping core competencies to perform roles of successful training professionals, obtaining know-how to manage training project individually and professionally, applying tactics to build learning and sustainable organizations together with acquiring insights to execute talent development and succession planning.
BENEFITS IN COMPLETING THIS COURSE
Upon completion of this program, participant will receive an Executive Diploma in Learning and Development which helps to pave the way to develop his/her career in training or to strengthen his/her professionalism in learning and people development.
The programme will be delivered in Cantonese, and the course material will be in English.
Module 1. Managing the Training and Development Function / 培訓及發展部門的管理
- To enable participants to understand the strategic roles and latest trends of Training and Development function
- To equip participants with the essential attitude, skills and knowledge in managing the Learning and Development function
- To facilitate participants in transforming the learning results to return on investments
- Exploring the Strategic Roles and Latest Trends of Training and Development / 探索培訓及發展的戰略角色和最新趨勢
- Strategic role of Learning and Development in the 21st century world of work
- Latest trends and changing responsibilities of Learning and Development
- Critical functions of Learning and Development
- Managing the Learning and Development Function / 帶領培訓及發展的部門
- Integrating training and development goals with organizational strategic objectives
- Building constructive learning culture to meet all business stakeholders' needs
- Managing training related cost and budget
- Establishing team structure, roles and responsibilities of various training team members
- Managing and motivating internal team members and external training consultants
- Assessing training needs and ensuring appropriate training approaches
- Analyzing, designing, developing and implementing training programs and learning solutions
- Evaluating training effectiveness and suggesting future improvements
- Key Success Factors when Transforming Learning Results to Return on Investments / 掌握轉移學習，達成投資回報的關鍵
- Main factors for successful transformation of learning results to return on investments
- Benchmarking excellent organizations in achieving effective training and development strategies
- Aligning organizational training objectives from corporate focus with individual career development needs
- Preparing SMART learner-focus objectives and setting behavioral learning outcomes
- Analyzing jobs requirements, selecting suitable talents for training and nurturing learning commitment
- Arranging effective learning approaches and identifying efficient measuring methods
- Initiating transfer of learning into daily work and consolidating learning result application
Module 2. Building a Learning Atmosphere, Developing Talents and Succession Planning / 學習文化、人才發展和繼任計劃的創建
- To help participants understand the tactics in building and strengthening a learning and sustainable organization
- To provide participants the universal insight in executing talent and staff development
- To share with participants the common practice in launching succession planning
- Building and Strengthening a Learning and Sustainable Atmosphere / 建立和強化終身學習和可持續發展的氣候
- Comparison between Learning and Development as well as Organizational Development
- Dynamics of Organizational Development with references to external environmental and internal stakeholders' influences
- Exploring the core vision, mission and value of successful learning and sustainable organizations
- Creating and consolidating a learning culture in organizations
- Optimizing organizational structure, cooperation framework and working system
- Indoctrinating and encouraging employees' ownership in learning and motivating learned behaviors
- Formulating and executing systematic training and development strategies
- Developing learning roadmap to fully utilize core competencies of workforce and create values for organizations
- Talent Development and Succession Planning / 統籌人才發展和繼任計劃
- Recognition of workforce as 'human capital' according to their unique strengthens and value
- Comparison and selection between succession planning and talent management
- Understanding the strategic importance of succession planning and talent development for organizations
- Grasping and applying the principles of succession planning and talent development
- Execution of succession planning and talent development
- Applying the right tools to identify key successors and talents
- Evaluating effectiveness of succession planning and talent development and suggesting future improvements
Module 3. Trainer Core Competency and Career Development / 培訓師的核心競爭力和事業發展
- To boost up participant's, understanding on the core competencies to become successful training professionals
- To equip participants with required ability to manage training project individually and professionally
- To equip participants with necessary skills of being successful trainers for further career development
- Exploring the Strategic Roles, Latest Trends and Required Aptitude of Successful Trainer / 領略培訓師的戰略角色、最新趨勢和成功素質
- Strategic role, latest trends and demanding responsibilities of successful trainer
- Win-win attitude, skill and knowledge of being a professional trainer
- Convincing personality mode and leadership style of being a professional trainer
- Training project management / 管理培訓及發展項目
- Exploring the principles of managing a successful training project
- Fulfilling the comprehensive process of Learning and Development
- Obtaining top management approval and preparing required budget
- Delivering training needs assessment and confirming training objectives
- Planning training program design (syllabus, contents, potential trainers, methodologies, duration, and necessary resources, etc.) and program delivery (schedule and evaluation criteria, etc.)
- Applying adult learning cycle and trainee styles to deliver the training program
- Enhancing memory process and motivating in learning
- Ensuring high-quality presentation and classroom management
- Adopting 4-level of evaluation criteria to assess effectiveness and efficiency of training
- Handling of difficult trainees and learners
- Preparing for being a Successful Trainer / 成功培訓師之裝備
- Comparison of traditional and future training professionals
- Adoption of Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF) prospective to develop employee potential
- Investigating the future career development of training professionals
- Preparation and life-long learning of being a successful trainer
Dr. M. Leung is the Chief Consulting Officer of MAKers Infinity Consultancy Ltd., which focuses on Design Thinking, Entrepreneurship, Digital Transformation, Business Performance Consultancy. He is a seasoned training professional with over 30 years of experience. He started his career as the sales, service and management trainer in a number of sizable listed companies in Hong Kong. Then, he was the head of service quality and training department of a leading multinational company in Hong Kong. Apart from training and learning, quality and performance management is another signature strength of Dr. Leung.
Dr Leung started his training consultancy career in a US based consultancy firm and then set up his own consultancy firm. He provides learning and people development solutions to a wide spectrum of clients from a number of industries, including Banking, Insurance, University NGO, Retail, IT and Technology, etc. His clients come from Singapore, PRC, Philippines and Hong Kong.
Dr. Leung holds a Doctorate Degree and Master Degree in Business Administration from Hong Kong Polytechnic University with the concentration of HR and Training Management. He has a Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching in Professional, Vocational and Higher Education from HK Polytechnic University. He also has a certificate of Competence in Occupational Testing from British Psychological Society and a Certificate in Career Counseling from the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
Mr. Yeung obtained his Bachelor of Business Administration (HRM) from Hong Kong Baptist University and Master of Social Science in Counseling from University of South Australia. He is a certified Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF) and Behavioral Consultant of DISC. He is a member of Hong Kong Professional Counseling Association (HKPCA), Hong Kong Mediation Centre (HKMC) and Hong Kong International Coaching Community (HKICC).
With over 20 years of people-oriented working experience in both commercial and public sectors, his core areas of expertise include Course Development and Management, Talent Development and Staff Training, Career Counseling and Coaching, Corporate Consultancy, Employees Relations and Motivation, Executive Search and Recruitment, Project Management, Quality Assurance as well as Corporate Services. He also possesses extensive tertiary teaching experience from different universities and colleges in Hong Kong and Macau.
Mr. Yeung has received numerous Teaching Awards in Hong Kong, including the annual '優異導師獎' of ManpowerDevelopment Scheme Award from the Employees Retraining Board in 2010, the '最積極導師獎' of Manpower
Development Scheme Award from the HKSKH Lady Maclehose Centre in 2011, and 4 other nominations of '嘉許導師名錄' from 2014 to 2017.
Mr. Yeung is currently a Managing Director, Principal Trainer and Career Coach of his own consultancy business. Most of his clients are from Retail, Hotel, Finance, Government Departments, University and Education, NGO, etc. Over 10,000 participants have completed his public courses and in-house trainings in both Macau and Hong Kong.
|For course details:|
|Shirley Chan:||2774 8569|
|General Enquiry & Enrollment|
|2774 8500 or 2774 8501|
HK$ 9,000 (Group Discount: HK$300 each, For those companies which send a total of two OR more participants to this course and enroll at the same time)
HK$ 9,900 (Group Discount: HK$300 each, For those companies which send a total of two OR more participants to this course and enroll at the same time)
The programme commences in June and October each year, and the application deadline is 2 weeks prior to the commencement date.