6 May 2020
22 Apr 2020
Courses have been included in the list of reimbursable courses for CEF purposes.
With effect from 1 April 2019, CEF subsidy ceiling would be increased from $10,000 to $20,000 per applicant.
CEF Course Title:
Professional Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management
CEF Course Code: 21F04070-4
Students applying for the Continuing Education Fund (CEF) should submit their applications directly to the Office of the CEF before the commencement of the programme. For details, please visit the website: www.info.gov.hk/sfaa/cef or contact the CEF enquiry hotline: 3142 2277.
The Office of the Continuing Education Fund dose not have record of registration of this course under the Qualifications Framework.
In recent years, there has been a slowdown in conventional retail and a shift in consumer preferences which have prompted many retailers in Hong Kong to revisit their e-commerce and online-to-offline (O2O) strategy. The successful retailers have to look into the potential disruption of digital technology across industries. They have to possess the latest marketing knowledge and knowhow with the use of digitization to better outperform the marketplace competition, with the ultimate business goals for driving brand awareness, customer relationships, and sales revenue.
The retail industry is highly dynamic and innovative, that means it is very engaging to learn how retailers can apply the latest retail marketing techniques to develop successful business. Throughout the programme, you would study the contemporary management areas such as retail, marketing, customer service, consumer behavior, e-commerce and legal which affect the world of retailing.
This Marketing and Retail diploma course can be completed in 1 year. It consists of seven modules, with a diploma being awarded upon successful completion of the course.
- M1. Marketing Management
- To assess market opportunities by analyzing customers, competitors, internal and external factors of an organization.
- To develop effective marketing strategies with tactical decisions and implementation plans for achieving the business KPIs.
- M2. Retail Management
- To provide students with the concepts of retail management, retail planning and strategy so as to be responsive to the consumers and competitive situation.
- To equip students with the essential management skills for effective merchandising and store operations.
- M3. Customer Service Management
- To help the students to understand the customer service function and knowhow in order to carry out successful customer service.
- To equip the students with the skill sets and motivate the customer service employees for responding to customer issues, needs and expectations.
- M4. Consumer Behaviour
- To introduce students to customer behavior in the marketplace and their impact on marketing strategy.
- To understand the significance of market segmentation, targeting, and customer research in developing the marketing mix strategies and marketing plan.
- M5. Electronic Commerce
- To introduce the fundamentals of electronic commerce and digital marketing.
- To acquaint students with the concept of Internet consumer retailing and B2B E-Commerce.
- To provide an overview of e-commerce models, applications and support services.
- M6. Business Law
- To equip students with the basic knowledge of business law in Hong Kong.
- To enable students to recognize the legal components and consequences involved in daily business activities and commercial decisions.
- To furnish students with the understanding of credit cards payment system.
- M7. Management Report
The management report allows students to demonstrate their ability in applying their knowledge and skills to a real situation, usually within their own organization or based on a new business idea. Under the guidance of a supervisor, students are required to complete a comprehensive management plan including a logical sequence of analysis, decision rationale, steps of implementation, control and financial projection.
Cantonese (English Materials and Examinations)
The programme commences in April and October each year, and the application deadline is two weeks prior to the commencement date.
|For this course details:|
|Shirley Chan:||2774 8569|
|General Enquiry & Enrollment|
|2774 8500 or 2774 8501|
(total) (HK$3,280 each module) - payable by 4 instalments per term
First Term: 1st instalment (HK$820 x 3 modules + HK$200 Application Fee = HK$2,660)
- be secondary school graduates (F.5); AND
- possess 2 or more years` working experience; AND
- have a reasonable command of written and spoken English
Admission is on a competitive and individual basis entirely at the discretion of the respective universities. Admission criteria and procedures are set by them and are subject to change without prior notice. The Association does not give any warranty and will not accept any liability regarding the above.
It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which these courses may lead.