BA (Hons) Business (Assessed in English)
Glyndŵr University, United Kingdom
27 Apr 2018
Registration Number: 252613
- 3-year Programme for DSE/HKCEE/HKAL graduates
- 2-year Programme for Higher Diploma/Associate Degree holders
Glyndŵr University in Wrexham was created out of the North East Wales Institute of Higher Education (NEWI). It can trace its origins back to 1887 with the formation of the Wrexham School of Science and Art. In 2004, NEWI became a full member of the University of Wales, having been an associate college since 1993.
The University's mission is to "work in partnership to inspire and educate our students and enable social and economic success". The University's belief that it can and will deliver an outstanding academic and personal experience for students has been at the heart of all its decisions.
This mission and vision both inform the University's strategic plan which is also influenced by the University's core values, which are:
- Respect for the individual, for the expression of ideas and
the pursuit of knowledge;
- Educational, academic and professional integrity;
- Care for students, colleagues and customers and the anticipation
of their needs and requirements;
- Organizational commitment to the pursuit of excellence and
loyalty to the University as a community of learning.
Why choose BA(Hons) Programmes offered by Glyndŵr University, UK?Glyndŵr University, UK
- Formerly known as the North East Wales Institute of Higher Education
- Gained HR Excellence in Research Award from the European Commission
- Ranked 3rd in Wales (The Guardian University Guide 2015)
- The award carries equivalent qualification of the home course offered in Glyndŵr University and recognized worldwide
- Contextualized content to fit local needs
- Glyndŵr University carries out the double marking and the external examiner monitoring systems for the purpose of upholding the student learning quality assurance.
- Student can choose to finish assessments in Chinese ot English to fit individual needs
- Different entry points for students based on their education qualifications
- Weekend/weekday evening classes for minimum disruption to working executives
- Regular face-to-face lectures and tutorial to facilitate the momentum of learning
The BA (Hons) programmes offered by Glyndŵr University are in 2 different areas: Business and Accounting. Each programme comprises 3 years of study, with a total of 360 credits. The BA programmes are offered in face-to-face mode by local faculty that comprises senior management executives and professionals who are experienced in university teaching. Some of the modules are assessed by written assignments only.Recognition
The award will be given by Glyndŵr University, which carries equivalent academic status to the same qualification conferred by the University in the UK.
It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which this course may lead.
HK$ 90,000 (For entry into Year 2) HK$135,000 (Full programme of 3 years)
To be admitted to Year One of the programmes, applicants should normally hold one of the following:
- Pass in 2AL / 1AL +2AS subjects or equivalent; or
- HKDSE Level 2 in 3 subjects; or
- Completion of the HKMA Foundation Certificate or equivalent; or
- Mature students with 2 years relevant working experiences; or
- Other qualifications deemed equivalent by the University
To be admitted to Year Two of the programmes, applicants should normally hold one of the following:
- HKMA DMS/DBM/ADMS/ADBM graduates; or
- Associate Degree/Higher Diploma holders in related disciplines or equivalent
Applicants may apply for exemption. Decisions on the exempted credits will be made on a case-by-case basis. Applicants can only apply for exemption on Year 1 modules.
English RequirementsTo be admitted to programmes delivered in English, applicants should normally hold one of the following:
- Pass in the Use of English of the HKAL Examination; or
- Level 3 or above in English Language of HKDSE; or
- D or above in English Language (Syllabus B) of HKCEE; or
- B or above in English Language (Syllabus A) of HKCEE; or
- IELTS score of 6.0 or equivalent; or
- Students who have obtained his/her previous qualification entirely through the medium of English.
Applicants who cannot fulfill any one of the above English requirements can choose to study the degree programmes in Chinese.