A Purpose-Driven Doctoral Program to Establish Your Unique Thought-Leadership
École des Ponts Business School
16 Sep 2019
- accredited by AMBA, the International Association of MBAs its Mother School - ENPC, one of France's ' prestigious Grandes Ecoles', renowned for the excellence in its education and the world's first elite civil engineering school, founded in 1747 by royal decree of Louis XV
- Nobel prize winner in economics, Jean Tirole, is an alumnus of the ENPC
- Ecole des Ponts's MBA is 'the 20th leading MBA in continental Europe and the only MBA based in Paris' (The Economist)
- Shanghai International MBA (SIMBA) - a Sino-Foreign MBA Program jointly set up by ENPC and Tongji University in Shanghai is ranked 2nd most influential Sino-Foreign MBA programs in China
Features of the Executive DBA
- Interactive 'Learning Labs' and newly introduced Learning Lab Extensions designed by Harvard research fellow, Travaglini, provides a reflective and agile learning experience
- 'Learning Labs' facilitates mutual peer support amongst an international class of executives
- Research Method Modules - Help thinkers like you ground practice in frameworks, concepts, models and research
- Achievable degree - submit three doctoral papers (2 cases + 1 practice-based article) that helps organize your thoughts in stages
- High Academic Standard - published article(s) in peer-reviewed journals
- Time effective Schedule - 4 Residential Learning Sessions in the Executive Campus in Paris in the first year (16-22 September 2019; mid January, April and July 2020)
- Minimum 2 Years Completion
The Executive DBA Project: Innovative in form, effective in timeframe
Following completion of the four research methods modules, the doctoral writing labs and the submission of a research proposal, the final requirement, prior to receiving the Executive DBA, is writing three discrete research projects and defending them Vova Voce (orally) in front of a doctoral defense committee.
The School has chosen an innovative Executive DBA "dissertation" approach. Executive DBA candidates typically choose to write three papers that together constitute the doctoral dissertation. Each paper is supervised and vetted by an appointed dissertation faculty, who mentors each doctoral candidate through the process. One of the three papers must be considered publishable quality and intended for publication in a respected (listed) journal following an established peer-review process.
|Executive DBA Doctoral Project
|Embedded Case Study
New: Learning Lab Extensions (LLX)
In 2018, the School introduced a series of optional Learning Lab Extension ("LLX") workshops. These LLX have a similar feel to the Learning Labs with part of the Lab dedicated to the theme of the session:
- Publishing and Presenting
- Teaching, Training and Facilitating
- Research and Consulting Projects
Each LLX is structured as follows:
- Day 1: facilitated session focused on participants' ongoing research and writing, peer feedback
- Day 2 (morning): facilitated work session and an individual feedback session from faculty, preparation of individual work plan for next paper(s)
- Day 2 (afternoon): masterclass session by guest expert(s)
LLX take place once every four to six months over a weekend on an optional basis.
LLX workshops will be open to all enrolled participants across cohorts, providing participants with a fantastic opportunity to network with the Executive DBA classes throughout the program.
The Ecole des Ponts Business School is accredited by the International Association of MBAs (AMBA) for its MBA and Executive MBA programs. The School has designed its program in respect of AMBA DBA program guidelines. In accordance with AMBA policy, the desk accreditation of the Executive DBA degree will be granted immediately when the third Executive DBA candidate receives his/ her degree.
The Ecole des Ponts Business School is a proud member of the Executive DBA Council (EDBAC).
The admissions process for the Executive DBA program is online and user-friendly:
Connect to the online application at https://pontsbschool.force.com/applicant and create an account (sign up). Your password will be required every time you connect to your application.
- Check your e-mail and follow the instructions to verify your registration (within one hour).
- Sign in to your account and start an application for the Executive DBA class of 2019. Enter HKMA2019 as your contact code.
- You then have access to your application form with the different sections relative to the admissions process !V personal, application, experience, references, payment. Please contact email@example.com for assistance, whenever necessary.
- Under the 'references' tab, fill in the details of your recommenders. They will receive an e-mail inviting them to an online questionnaire in English which takes 5-10 minutes to complete. You will be notified by e-mail when a reference has been submitted.
- Complete all the required information in the different tabs, including your answers to the Essay questions. You may either write your essays directly on the portal or use your favorite word processor then copy and paste each essay into the appropriate field.
- Upload your CV, a scan of your ID, copies of your graduate level transcripts and diplomas, and a professional portrait photo.
- You may pay the £á150 application fee at any time before you submit your application, via PayPal or by Credit Card.
- Once you have submitted your application, our admissions team will contact you to schedule an admissions interview either face-to-face at our Paris campus, or via videoconference.
- Once the application and the admissions interview are completed, you will be contacted with our admissions decision and, if applicable, with a deadline to accept the admissions offer. You are welcome to contact HKMA on +852 2774 8517 (Ms Christine Choy) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Tuition Fees for 2019 Intake
Executive DBA tuition fees: £á42,000
Executive DBA tuition fees for École des Ponts alumni: £á32,000
Students transferring from another doctoral program: please contact the Admissions Office
Tuition fees cover all course materials, the residential sessions, Learning Lab Extensions, doctoral supervision and access to our e-library (notably European Business Source Complete) only. All other expenses relative to the program including accommodation, travel, food and entertainment are at the student's expense.
The "Admissions offer letter" given to each accepted student details payment conditions and offers to choose from three tuition payment options:
Tuition fees cover for the normal three-year duration of the program. At the end of four years from the start of the program, in the event that a doctoral candidate has yet to defend their doctoral project, an additional fee of £á4,200 per year (i.e. extension fee) will be due at the start of each of the two remaining years in order to maintain active doctoral candidate status.
Early Bird and Payment Options
Participants enrolling early in the Executive DBA program will benefit from a Round 1 Early Bird discount of 10% of their tuition fees. To avail of this Early Bird rate, candidates will need to submit their application, take their admissions interview, return their admissions documents along with their first payment by 30 April 2019 latest.
Participants enrolling in the second Early Bird round will benefit from a Round 2 Early Bird discount of 5% of their tuition fees. To avail of this Early Bird rate, candidates will need to submit their application, take their admissions interview, return their submissions documents along with their first payment by 31 May 2019 latest.
Applicants must pay their first instalment in order to guarantee their seat on the program.
Payment in installments can be arranged with the admissions department for an additional financing fee.
- Option A: tuition fees paid upfront upon enrollment, before 16 August 2019 (one month prior to start of the program). Full payment of tuition fees upon confirmation, giving participants a 10% financing discount.
- Option B: tuition fees paid upfront, by 1 September 2019, before the start of the program
- 1st installment (non-refundable): payment of £á7,000 upon acceptance of admissions offer.
- The balance amount of the tuition fees is due 2 weeks before the program starts
- Option C: tuition fees paid in five installments (additional financing fee of £á1,000)
- 1st installment (non-refundable): payment of £á7000 upon acceptance of admissions offer.
- 4 installments of 25% of the remaining tuition fees split over 18 months.
- Option D: tuition fees paid in monthly installments (additional financing fee of £á1,000)
- 1st installment (non-refundable) payment of £á7,000 upon acceptance of admissions offer
- 18 installments split over 18 months
In 2019, in order to demonstrate the School's commitment to increasing the representation of women in corporate governance role, École des Ponts Business School introduced a new scholarship initiative for the Executive DBA program: the Women in Governance scholarship.
Women on the leadership track in their organization will be offered a 10% tuition fee reduction (limited to 10 seats per cohort).
Applicants will have to provide two additional board-level recommendations as well as satisfy all other admission requirements. Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the Admissions Faculty.
|For course details:
It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which this course may lead.
EUR 42,000 (E-DBA tuition fees)