Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing
3 Dec 2019
19 Nov 2019
This programme aims to provide students a fundamental understanding of marketing with a strong focus on digital marketing. With more than 4.87M and 2.45B netizens in HK and worldwide respectively, marketing via E-channels is critically important to acquire and retain customers in a timely manner. The class will cover key marketing management topics with comprehensive and in-depth coverage of website & E-commerce management and email / search engine / mobile / social media marketing. Register this programme now to grasp the know-how of digital marketing and run it better and faster than your competitors.
To equip entry-level executives with the concepts, practical guidelines, latest developments, and best practices of digital marketing in order to advance their knowledge and career.
Learners who are new to marketing, with a particular interest in learning how to expand business and engage customers through digital medium.
This programme comprises seven modules - six must-learned marketing and e-marketing modules, plus a Management Project, to help students building comprehensive knowledge and apply it to real-life management project. Lecturers will use case studies, group presentations, discussions and debates to enhance learning.
This Digital Marketing course can be completed in ten months. It consists of seven modules, with a diploma being awarded upon successful completion of the course.
- To provide students with the basic knowledge to understand the effect of online to offline (O2O) marketing and its applications
- To identify the effect of KOL how the applications linking with the development and trends on digital marketing
- GOLDEN RULES OF O2O MARKETING
- Overview of O2O Trends
- Steps of Online Promotions
- Collaboration of Offline Channels
- How to be a KOL
- Value of KOL towards corporations and community
- KOL Platforms and facilities
- ROI of influencer by calculations and data analytics
- Digital platforms Promotion
- Understand and Build Customer Relationships
- Applications of Physical Stores
- Setting the linkage with traditional events
- Marketing Mix and SWOT for running O2O
- Planning and Development in various Product segments
- Fundamental Differences in Service Industries
- Personal Data Privacy
- Computer Crimes and Misuse of Computer
- Advertising Law and the digital world
- To provide students with the insights on using the Internet for B2B and B2C purpose
- To help students to familiarise with the electronic marketing mix, business models and electronic commerce (EC) technologies
- To learn the EC support services and formulate EC strategy for implementation
- OVERVIEW OF ELECTRONIC COMMERCE
- Get an Overview and Fundamental of E-Commerce and some Terminologies
- Understand E-Tailing and Electronic Service Industries as well as Consumer Behavior Online, Market Research and Online Advertising
- Grasp Different B2B E-commerce Model Includes Auction, Exchange, E-Supply Chain, Intra-business EC and Collaborative Commerce
- Explore other EC Models and Applications, such as E-Government, E-Learning, and C2C EC, M-Commerce, l-Commerce, Pervasive Computing and Social Networking
- Learn how to Deal with Auctions, Bartering, Negotiations Online and EC Application Development
- Understand the Web 2.0 Revolution and Social Media
- Learn on How to Protect Computer Systems and Minimize the Risk through Appropriate Security Programs
- Understand on Electronic Payment, Order Fulfillment,ERP, Intelligent Agents and Other Support Services
- Discuss Strategic Issues in Implementing and Deploying EC
- Learn about Global EC and EC for SMEs as well as the Economic of EC, Including Balanced Scorecards, Metrics,and Justification Methods
- Understand the Steps to Build a Storefront and How to Deal with Legal, Ethical, and Societal and Legal issues
- To learn an overview of various types of digital marketing, manage effective website, get insights from global online shopping studies, manage different types of social media, and understand the business model of social commerce.
- DIGITAL MARKETING OVERVIEW
- Overview of Various Types of Digital Marketing - Digital Advertising, Partnership Marketing, and Corporate Channels.
- Key Metrics of Digital Advertising
- Designing Effective Website - The Eight Cs
- How to Allocate Online Marketing Budget?
- Tips for a Successful Website
- Review and Identify Areas for Improvement of Your Company Website
- Key Performance Metrics
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for Your Company Website
- Hong Kong Online Shopping Market and Forecast
- Insights from Global Online Shopping Studies
- Critical Success Factors of Online Shopping
- How to Launch a Facebook Advertising Campaign
- How to Create a Fan Page
- Set up a Branded Channel at Youtube
- How to Set Up a Weibo
- How to Create a Twitter Page
- Business Model of Social Commerce and How It Works
- Key Trends of Social Commerce
- Should you use Group Buy Site to Sell your Products/Services? What are the Factors to Consider?
- To equip students with a thorough understanding of how information technology had changed the marketing system and the activities of business people within it.
- To ensure all students are aware of the major impact of information technology on the commercial environment and potential customers' life style and buying habits.
- To enable students with contemporary understanding of Big Data and related analysis tools in making marketing decisions.
- THE IMPACT OF IT ON MARKETING
- IT and Marketing, The Changing Marketing System, Computer Applications in Marketing, Marketing Software
- Strategic Framework for the Evaluation and Application of IT Initiatives in Marketing
- Evaluation of Information Systems, Introduction of Software Development Life Cycle, Design and application of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System
- Social media penetration and "Digital" life style
- Impact of IT on the Strategic Decisions and Competitive Advantage sustainability
- Internet/Intranet/Extranet, Database Marketing, I.O.T.
- Planning for Innovation, The Diffusion of Innovations, The Adoption Process, Factors Affecting the Rate of Adoption
- Defining the scope and application of "Big" data, such as Modeling Technique.
- How to navigate and survive the ocean of "Big Data" ? e.g. type of data models, V3 practice etc
- Understand the application of Data Analytics in automatic insights into a dataset to everyday marketing activities
- How to transform traditional workflow into the usage of queries and data aggregation procedures in order to incorporate data analytics
- To learn the features, benefits and know-how of managing display advertising and search engine marketing, email marketing and mobile marketing campaigns.
- DISPLAY ADVERTISING
- Display ad Formats, Ad Rates and Showcases
- Ad serving - When, Who, and Which
- Key Performance Metrics
- How to Read Advertising Rate Card, and Identify the Right Advertising Channel, Ad Unit and Pricing Option?
- How to Analyze and Optimize Performance of Display Ad Campaigns?
- Difference between Paid-search Advertising and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- The Basics of Paid-search Advertising - Features, Benefits, Ad Guidelines, Pricing, Ad Ranking and Budget Management
- How to Write an Effective Paid-search Advertisement
- Useful Tips to Optimize ad Campaign Performance
- Email Marketing DOs and DON'Ts
- Design and Craft Your Email
- How to Write Effective Subject Line for eDM?
- Build, Buy or Rent Email List?
- Vital Questions to Ask Email List Broker
- Key Performance Metrics
- How to Market via Mobile
- Mobile Ad Formats, Ad Rates and Showcases
- Mobile Apps - The 5Ps
- Key Performance Metrics
- To enable students to be an effective strategist and executor in digital marketing.
- To train up students' strategic mindsets in digital marketing and branding decision making.
- To equip students with the conceptual frameworks in formulating high-impact digital marketing strategies.
- INTRODUCTION TO STRATEGIC DIGITAL MARKETING
- Strategy, Strategic Management and Strategic Marketing
- Evolution of Global and Local Market Landscape
- High-impact Digital Marketing Strategies and Executions
- Thinking Like a First-rated Marketing Strategist
- Criteria and Methods for Defining the Corporate Mission and Vision
- Corporate Growth Strategies
- Allocating Corporate Resources
- Corporate Strategy and Strategic Digital Marketing
- Generic Business-level Competitive Strategies
- Business Strategies and Market Landscape Analyses
- Coping with the Ever-changing Market Dynamics
- Macro, Meso and Micro Analyses for Accessing Markets
- Identifying the Critical Successful Factors
- Getting Rid of Critical Failure Factors
- Modeling and Reapplying of Successes
- Seizing the "White-spaces"
- Strategic Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning
- Strategies for New Market Entries
- Strategies for Growth Markets
- Strategies for Mature and Declining Markets
- 360-degree Digital and Social Media Marketing Strategies
- Bridging Online with Offline Strategically
- Organizing and Planning for Effective Executions
- Planning for Strategic Executions
- Setting KPIs and Scorecards
- Establishing the Control Systems
- 5-Forces Model
- BCG Matrix
- GE / McKinsey Grid
- The McKinsey 7S Framework
- Value Chain
- Blue Ocean Strategy
- Purple Oceans Strategy
- Balanced-score Card
The management report allows students to demonstrate their ability in applying their knowledge and skills to a real situation, usually within their own organization or based on a new business idea. Under the guidance of a supervisor, students are required to complete a comprehensive management plan including a logical sequence of analysis, decision rationale, steps of implementation, control and financial projection.
Course contents of all modules may be subject to change if required without prior notice.
Cantonese (English Materials and Examinations)
|For this course details:
Ms Shirley Chan 2774 8569
| Email: email@example.com
|Enrolment and Enquiry Hotline:|
|2774 8500 or 2774 8501|| Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|For administration matters:
Ms Annie Tang 2774 8546
(total) (HK$3,280 each module) - payable by 4 instalments per term
First Term: 1st instalment (HK$820 x 3 modules + HK$200 Application Fee = HK$2,660)
- be secondary school graduates (F.5); AND
- possess 2 or more years' working experience; AND
- have a reasonable command of written and spoken English
This programme commences in June and December each year, and the application deadline is normally two weeks prior to commencement date.
Admission is on a competitive and individual basis entirely at the discretion of the respective universities. Admission criteria and procedures are set by them and are subject to change without prior notice. The Association does not give any warranty and will not accept any liability regarding the above.
It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which these courses may lead.