Master of Business Administration
University of Wales Trinity Saint David, United Kingdom
Late May 2018
20 April 2018
Non-Local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance
Registration Number: 252735
WHY CHOOSE UWTSD?
Historic & Modern
The University's Royal Charter is the oldest in Wales and England after the universities of Oxford and Cambridge, with HRH the Prince of Wales being the University's Royal Patron. It also became the newest university in 2013 when Swansea Metropolitan University merged into the institution.
Excellent Academic Experience
UWTSD ranked the top 20 best UK universities for academic experience, reinforcing the personal teaching and learning the University offeres.
Significant Research Impact
The University has demonstrated the strength in its research work and the contribution it makes in seeking solutions to real world challenges: 60% of its research work was judged to be either outstanding (23.3%) or very considerable (36.7%) in terms of its reach and significance.
UWTSD provides excellent postgraduate research learning and supervision experience evidenced by the excellent results it received in an important sector-wide survey:
- 89% of respondents agreed that their skills in critically analysing and evaluating findings and results have developed during their programme.
- 88% of respondents agreed that their skills in applying appropriate research methodologies, tools and techniques have developed during their programme.
Intellectually Stimulating Course
UWTSD also received outstanding results in postgraduate taught experience in an important sector-wide survey:
- 84% of respondents agreed that the course is intellectually stimulating.
- 83.3% of respondents agreed that the course has enhanced their academic ability.
The programme consists of two parts, a taught Part 1 and a dissertation in Part 2. Students must complete Part 1 before Part 2 can be attempted.
Part 1 (120 credits)
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Management
- Managerial Economics
- Strategic Management
- Consultancy Management
Part 2 (60 credits)
Upon successful completion of the programme, a Master of Business Administration (MBA) will be awarded by UWTSD which carries equivalent academic status and recognition to the same MBA degree conferred by the University to the local students in the UK.
- A recognized honours degree (minimum 2:2) or equivalent; or
- Non-honours Bachelor's Degree in a business related subject with 2 years' relevant work experience; or
- Honours Bachelor's Degree in a non-business related subject with 2 years' relevant work experience; or
- Non-degree qualifications in business related subjects, or professional qualifications, with a minimum of 3 years' relevant work experience*
English Language Requirements
- Completion of an academic qualification equivalent to a Bachelor's degree or above which was taught in English; or
- An IELTS test score of 6.0 or TOEFL 575 for the written or 232 for the computer test or an equivalent must normally be obtained.