Master of Business Administration
University of Wales Trinity Saint David, United Kingdom
Late May 2018
20 April 2018
Non-Local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance
Registration Number: 252735
Integration of Theory and Practice
The integration of both theories and practices of management enables in-service executives to gain management knowledge, expertise and insights they require to take on the personal and professional challenges of their future lives and careers. The programme is designed by experts in management education at the University and delivered by local faculty associates who are both academically qualified and professionally experienced.
As a UWTSD student, you will be able to participate in various joint university activities organized by another partner institution of HKMA to help you extend your network while enjoying academically stimulating and interesting activities. These activities will provide you with opportunities to gain valuable experiences alongside your studies.
Exclusive Networking Opportunity
HKMA's strong network in the business community offers students an exclusive opportunity to keep up with the latest management trends and the top-of-mind issues of CEOs and leading corporations. Throughout the year, the Association organizes various activities including conferences, seminars, talks, and workshops led by local and overseas business leaders and management experts. Students are entitled to a complimentary one-year HKMA Associate Membership (value at HK$490) which enables them to join many of these activities with privileged or complimentary offers.
The University's Royal Charter is the oldest in Wales and England after the universities of Oxford and Cambridge, with HRH the Prince of Wales being the University's Royal Patron. It also became the newest university in 2013 when Swansea Metropolitan University merged into the institution. The University's long-established reputation and its current academic infrastructure and curriculum designs place the University in an advantageous position to serve the talent development needs of modern society.
UWTSD ranked the top 20 best UK universities for academic experience, reinforcing the personal teaching and learning the University offeres.
The University has demonstrated the strength in its research work and the contribution it makes in seeking solutions to real world challenges: 60% of its research work was judged to be either outstanding (23.3%) or very considerable (36.7%) in terms of its reach and significance.
UWTSD provides excellent postgraduate research learning and supervision experience evidenced by the excellent results it received in an important sector-wide survey:
- 89% of respondents agreed that their skills in critically analysing and evaluating findings and results have developed during their programme.
- 88% of respondents agreed that their skills in applying appropriate research methodologies, tools and techniques have developed during their programme.
In addition to postgraduate research experience, the University also received outstanding results in postgraduate taught experience in an important sector-wide survey:
- 84% of respondents agreed that the course is intellectually stimulating.
- 83.3% of respondents agreed that the course has enhanced their academic ability.
- UWTSD ranked #1 for Quality Lectures and Assessment
The programme consists of two parts, a taught Part 1 and a dissertation in Part 2. Students must complete Part 1 before Part 2 can be attempted.
Part 1 (120 credits)
Students are required to study 6 compulsory modules (20 credits each) in the first year.
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Management
- Managerial Economics
- Strategic Management
- Consultancy Management
Part 2 (60 credits)
Students are required to submit a 17,000-word dissertation in 6 months. It is a vehicle for the integration of skills and knowledge learned during Part 1. Students can follow their personal preference in selecting their research topics.
All students are required to attend research methodology workshops. Following the submission of a research proposal, they are allocated a supervising tutor with whom they will communicate regularly and support them throughout the process.
Upon successful completion of the programme, a Master of Business Administration (MBA) will be awarded by UWTSD which carries equivalent academic status and recognition to the same MBA degree conferred by the University to the local students in the UK.
- A recognized honours degree (minimum 2:2) or equivalent; or
- Non-honours Bachelor's Degree in a business related subject with 2 years' relevant work experience; or
- Honours Bachelor's Degree in a non-business related subject with 2 years' relevant work experience; or
- Non-degree qualifications in business related subjects, or professional qualifications, with a minimum of 3 years' relevant work experience*
English Language Requirements
- Completion of an academic qualification equivalent to a Bachelor's degree or above which was taught in English; or
- An IELTS test score of 6.0 or TOEFL 575 for the written or 232 for the computer test or an equivalent must normally be obtained.