Master of Science in Digital Marketing
University of Wales Trinity Saint David, United Kingdom
3 Mar 2017
You will be informed of the official enrolment procedure in due course.
Registration under Non-Local Higher and
Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance is in progress.
Integration of Theory and Practice
The integration of both theories and practices of management enables in-service executives to gain management knowledge, expertise and insights they require to take on the personal and professional challenges of their future lives and careers. The programme is designed by experts in management education at the University and delivered by local faculty associates who are both academically qualified and professionally experienced.
Learn from the Experts
Emphasis of learning is placed on real life cases and experience sharing that are readily applicable to workplaces. In addition to the University approved academic associates, a team of Professors of Practice, who are experts in their field, will share with students their professional knowledge and insights in the most in-demand business functions. Winners of the HKMA/TVB Awards for Marketing Excellence will also be invited to share their experience in the development and execution of successful marketing campaigns, thereby giving students access to the sharpest minds in industry.
Exclusive Networking Opportunity
HKMA's strong network in the business community offers students an exclusive opportunity to keep up with the latest management trends and the top-of-mind issues of CEOs and leading corporations. Throughout the year, the Association organizes various activities including conferences, seminars, talks, and workshops led by local and overseas business leaders and management experts. Students are entitled to a complimentary one-year HKMA Associate Membership (value at HK$490) which enables them to join many of these activities with privileged or complimentary offers.
The University's Royal Charter is the oldest in Wales and England after the universities of Oxford and Cambridge, with HRH the Prince of Wales being the University's Royal Patron. It also became the newest university in 2013 when Swansea Metropolitan University merged into the institution. The University's long-established reputation and its current academic infrastructure and curriculum designs place the University in an advantageous position to serve the talent development needs of modern society.
The University has demonstrated the strength in its research work and the contribution it makes in seeking solutions to real world challenges: 60% of its research work was judged to be either outstanding (23.3%) or very considerable (36.7%) in terms of its reach and significance.
UWTSD provides excellent postgraduate research learning and supervision experience evidenced by the excellent results it received in an important sector-wide survey:
- 89% of respondents agreed that their skills in critically analysing and evaluating findings and results have developed during their programme.
- 88% of respondents agreed that they understand the required standard for their thesis.
- 88% of respondents agreed that their skills in applying appropriate research methodologies, tools and techniques have developed during their programme.
- 88% of respondents agreed that their supervisor/s have the skills and subject knowledge to support their research.
In addition to postgraduate research experience, the University also received outstanding results in postgraduate taught experience in an important sector-wide survey:
- 84% of respondents agreed that the course is intellectually stimulating.
- 83.3% of respondents agreed that the course has enhanced their academic ability.
- UWTSD ranked #1 for the category: Application to offer satisfaction.
- 97% of postgraduate students were in employment and/or further study six months after graduating.
Duration of study: 18 months (with a maximum time span of 36 months)
The programme consists of two parts, a taught Part 1 and an independent Research Project in Part 2. Students must complete Part 1 before Part 2 can be attempted.
Part 1 (120 credits)
Students are required to study 6 compulsory modules (20 credits each) in the first year.
Common Modules (80 credits)
Programme Specific Modules (40 credits)
Part 2 (60 credits)
Students are required to undertake a 60-credit in-depth business research exercise with a choice of a dissertation/ an integrated case study/ a business development proposal, in a total of 17,000 words in 6 months. It is a vehicle for the integration of skills and knowledge learned during Part 1. Students can follow their personal preference in selecting their research topics.
All students are required to attend research methodology workshops. Following the submission of a research proposal, they are allocated a supervising tutor with whom they will communicate regularly and support them throughout the process.
Upon successful completion of the programme, a Master of Science in Marketing/ Master of Science in Digital Marketing will be awarded by UWTSD which carries equivalent academic status and recognition to the same degrees conferred by the University to the local students in the UK.
- Lower-Second Honours or higher Bachelor's degree in a related subject; or
- Non-honours Bachelor's Degree in a related subject with a minimum 2 years' relevant work experience; or
- Non-degree qualifications in business related subjects, or professional qualifications, with a minimum 3 years' relevant work experience*; or
- Applicants of the MSc Marketing, holding a CIM Postgraduate Professional Diploma may be admitted directly into Part 2.*
English Language Requirements
- Completion of an academic qualification equivalent to a UK Level 5 qualification or above which was taught in English; or
- An IELTS test score of 6.0 or TOEFL 575 for the written or 232 for the computer test or an equivalent must normally be obtained.