The Award is open to all organizations from the public or private sector.
- Companies registered under the Business Registration Ordinance (Chapter 310) or incorporated under the Companies Ordinance (Chapter 622) or the predecessor Ordinance (i.e. the old Company Ordinance (Chapter 32))
- Non-governmental Organisations / Non-profit-making Organizations / Social Purpose Organizations / Social Enterprises such as educational institutions, healthcare institutions, charitable institutions, social service organisations, social enterprises, statutory bodies, chambers of commerce and professional bodies
- Government Bureaux /Government Departments
The sustainability initiatives or cases cited in the application form should be:
- implemented by the participating organizations; and
- launched in the past two fiscal or calendar years.
The Award Secretariat may request verification of the information submitted by participating organizations during the judging process.
The participating organizations will be categorized according to the number of employees under the organizations’ span of control. The three Award Categories include:
- Large organization (organizations with more than 200 employees)
- Medium-sized organization (organizations with 51 to 200 employees)
- Small-sized organization (organizations with 50 or fewer employees)
To ensure a level playing-field, entries will be assessed among the same category.